Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Fresh Start

Greetings and salutations,

What a better way to introduce my project than to start from the beginning? A year ago yesterday, I decided to begin a blog to make public record of my experiences with modding Oblivion. I began with a series of recommendations on various mods in the form of written commentary and companion video. The order in which I presented them was in the order in which I installed them so that followers could follow my posts and add to their game accordingly without having to worry about incompatibilities and so forth. After I was satisfied with my setup, I stopped adding more to the blog and began enjoying the game.


After the release of Skyrim, I knew the best way to reintroduce myself to the modding world would be to recreate the same project that I started with Oblivion. The whispers from the North beckoned me away from the lands of Cyrodiil. It's time for a fresh start in Skyrim.

I'll now repeat the same words that I gave a year ago. For those of you that stumbled upon this without any prior knowledge, mods are essentially addons to the game made by individuals like myself in order to enhance their gaming experience. They come in many varieties, and the online modding community for The Elder Scrolls is one of the largest.

The categories I'll be discussing on this blog will range from texture replacers to gameplay overhauls. I'll take any suggestions that people make and will do my best to make my posts both entertaining and useful. Of course, if you are someone who has never played Skyrim or is unable to run the game on your computer, my contributions may seem boring to you. Consider this a disclaimer.

I'll likely begin posting either tonight or tomorrow, so be sure to keep watch for updates. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment