Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birds of Skyrim

Well, I told myself I'd be posting again at the beginning of July, but here we are in the last full week. Real life has been exceptionally social and productive, which sadly for the internet means that I haven't had too much time to blog. Luckily I've had the footage for this one sitting on my hard drive for a couple weeks, so it didn't take too long to put together once I found a couple hours to spare.

The last time I wrote here, I mentioned that I would begin discussing mods that implemented new creatures into the game. This is the first of that endeavor, and it's a pretty well-made one at that. I present to you Birds of Skyrim, a mod that feels like it should have been there in the first place. You already hear birds in the game, especially if you have a mod like Sounds of Skyrim running, and occasionally you'll see hawks flying high above you or in the distance and dead pheasants hanging from hooks in bandit camps. Why not add a few more to the landscape?

There isn't too much to say about the mod because it does exactly what you'd expect it to. None of the birds are aggressive, though you can kill most of them if you'd like. All of them fit right in with the climate of Skyrim, and some are variations of what few birds are present in the original game, such as chicks and roosters. Seeing pigeons in towns and the occasional gull by the water just feels natural, and now that I've been using the mod in my game, it seems ridiculous to imagine a world without them. Don't take my word for it, though; go ahead and see them for yourself.


For those who might expect a mod that adds new creatures to the game to be a bit of a pain to install, let me assure you that this is just as easy as any other little mod you can find on my blog. Because they're all hand placed and not replacing anything in the original game, there's little to no issues with compatibility, and it should be painless to uninstall if you decide you don't enjoy it. If this sounds promising to you, be sure to read more about it or download it from Nexus.

 That's all for now. I have a couple more creature mods planned for the future, but it's hard to tell when I'll have the time to post again. None of them are too gigantic, but it does take a considerable amount of time getting the right footage. I might be free next week, but I definitely won't be making any promises. Until next time, whenever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment