Monday, May 7, 2012

A Fresh Start

Well, May is here, and as promised, I have returned to Skyrim with a new and much more capable computer. I've already installed my previous setup and can play on Ultra with a steady 30fps. Needless to say, I'm pretty happy.

But ever new beginning comes with new challenges, and I definitely have a couple. I've been spending quite a bit of time fooling around with the Creation Kit because I now have my new microphone and can create custom characters with voiced dialogue. Sadly the Creation Kit's dialogue system is much more complex than I anticipated. It look my several hours to figure out how to make my voice show up in game and paired with lip movement, but now I know how to make basic dialogue options complete with topics and varied responses. However, I haven't had any luck with custom greetings yet, so that's the next big item on my to-learn list. I've posted a very short video below of an NPC I created using my voice. Be sure to let me know what you think.


The second major issue is deciding on what mods to cover next. I really want to go into quest and gameplay mods, but sadly my new character needs a bit more development before I can start running through exciting dungeons and the like. I do still want to make a new post for character beautification with whatever I find that's better than UNP's faces, but obviously that's on hold until I can find a good replacement. Because of this dilemma, I'm ever more open to suggestions than usual, so please don't hesitate to send your recommendations my way. If you're a mod author looking to promote your work, I'd be more than happy to take a look at what you've done. Anything to get me back in the swing of things again.

I'm not sure when I'll be starting up with blog posts with new mods, but I can promise that I'll do my best to start up again this month. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matthew,

    Didn't get around to registering a Bethesda forum account. Thought it was unnecessary since you wouldn't custom build it anyway.

    Mind sharing your new computer specs? =)

    I think your voice acting is good. Hope any modders out there will grasp the opportunity to use you. Funny video, by the way.

    You should try out the "Xenius Character Enhancement" mod. And I'd love to see how it compares to the official HD texture pack.

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete